Episode 4 of The Rundown Podcast features part two of my discussion of podcasting with communication and podcast rockstars – Shel Holtz (@shel) and Neville Hobson (@jangles) from the For Immediate Release series of podcasts. They recently released the results of their listener survey, which spurred a detailed discussion of podcasting past, present and future…
Use your own podcatcher (RSS)
Join the show and send audio or text comments, suggestions and complaints to:
- 00:00 Music by Me
- 00:40 Welcome
- 01:19 Calling You – at a Moment’s Notice! Starring Ashley Mead
- 04:50 Segue into the podcast discussion with Shel Holtz and Neville Hobson
- 04:56 Podcasting as niche vs widespread adoption for podcasts
- 05:55 Podcast Community Catalyst
- 08:00 Global podcast perspective
- 08:55 Podcast education
- 10:41 Podcast technology vs. podcast disinterest
- 11:44 Audio Blogging
- 13:57 Rise of Video Blogging
- 14:20 Big Media – independent podcasters vs. mainstream media
- 17:24 What is podcasting really vs. what is podcasting ideally
- 18:21 State of podcasting
- 19:50 Podcasting is dead
- 21:51 Where can we find them?
- 22:22 Break
- 22:29 Farewell
- 22:51 Mr. Media rolls us out.
Don’t hesitate to send in audio or text comments, questions, feedback and anything else that suits your fancy. I reserve the right, of course, to play or read any and all of your comments as well as delete them without a second thought. But don’t let that stop you from giving it a shot!
Please let me know what you think via email or leave an audio comment at: +1 206.337.3731.